Updated on September 21, 2011
“Like” 4TransitNow on Facebook if you want more rapid transit and bus service
If you support Translink’s Moving Forward supplement to expand transit services across Metro, then “like” the 4TransitNow page I’ve started on Facebook to give riders a voice — and invite your friends.
Metro Vancouver’s mayors will vote Oct. 7 to approve or reject this service increase.
Sick of being passed up at the bus stop?
Keen to see Translink win approval of the Moving Forward supplement that would add the Evergreen Line and increase bus service seven percent by 2013?
It’s time Transit Nation spoke up and 4TransitNow is one way.
The Moving Forward supplement would increase gas tax two cents a litre and find $30 million a year from other sources — perhaps property tax — to buy:
- major bus service increases in Vancouver, particularly on east-west routes;
- new service to support U-Pass expansion;
- station upgrades at Main, Commercial, Metrotown, Surrey Central, New Westminster and Lonsdale Quay;
- the 11-kilometre Skytrain Evergreen Line to the Tricities with five new stations and 28 new cars;
- King George Boulevard B-Line;
- Highway 1 Rapid bus;
- regional service increases on key corridors; and more.